Bluetooth PIN and LINK-KEY Cracker - Bluetooth Cracker reconstructs the PIN and LINKEY with data sniffed during a pairing exchange. The calculated PIN can be used to authenticate against a device in Pairing Mode (usualy with a hardcoded PIN), the LINKEY however can be used for to get complete access to the Master and the Slave without any Interaction from the user of these devices. Furthermore the resulting Link-key can be used to decrypt the Datastreams between these devices.
You need access to a Bluetooth Sniffer Device and Software (FTE, others) in order to capture the exchanges, there have been rumors these Sniffers can be created from a standard USB Dongle.
This is a Proof of Concept tool from n.runs AG and is released under the License set forward in the LICENSE text file
1. All rights pertaining to the Software (program and handbook) are owned exclusively by n.runs AG. The Software is protected by copyright. Independent of this, the parties agree that the laws of copyright shall apply to the Software.
2 Transfer of the Software
1. Any transfer (e.g. sale) of the Software to a third party and with it the transfer of the right and the possibility of its use may only occur with the written permission of n.runs AG.
2. n.runs AG does not permit the software to be hosted or made available without it's written permission.
3 Functional limitations of the Software
1. Even with the latest state of technological development and with meticulous care being taken during production, errors in the Software cannot be excluded.
1. n.runs AG and the author are only liable for willful intent, gross negligence, and when the program fails to fulfill its assured purpose and function.
2. The liability under German law for product liability is unaffected. The plea that the end user is also at fault remains an option for n.runs AG.
5 Source code
1. During the 23C3 talk by Thierry Zoller (29.12.2006) the first person in the audience _screaming_ "I LOVE BLUETOOTH, I love NRUNS" will receive the source code of BTCrack v1.0
1. The location of the competent court for all legal action in connection with the Software and this contract is D Oberursel if the contract partner is a registered trader or equivalent, or if he has no legal domicile in Germany.
2. This contract is exclusively governed by the law of the Federal Republic of Germany with the exception of the UNCITRAL laws of trade and commerce.
3. Should any provision of the contract prove unenforceable or if the contract is incomplete, the remaining provisions will remain unaffected. The invalid provision shall be deemed replaced by the provision which in a legally binding matter comes nearest in its meaning and purpose to the unenforceable provision. This shall apply to any omission in the contract that may occur.